Salesmen do not always have the best reputations. What actions are you doing that may tarnish you reputation? Kelley Robertson expands upon the habits in her article, 7 Sales Habits that Give Salesmen a Bad Name
Try to kick the following habits:
- Pitching too soon – First effectively position your product.
- Opening your pitch by talking about your company – Skip the company and its accomplishments and focus on the current problem and solution.
- Failing to listen – Listed to your clients and understand their perspective.
- Not understanding key business issues – Bring insight it will bring client trust.
- Not asking enough high-value questions – Give the floor to your client and ask thought provoking questions
- Delivering a generic presentation – try to customize your presentation to each client.
- Failing to follow through – Deliver promises and increase repeat business.
Don’t let a few dishonorable salespeople impact the impressions your clients have about you.
Great tips, Jill! It’s always good to take a step back from your sales practices and evaluate them to make sure that you are being as effective as possible.